Board of Directors
- Melissa Nelsen, President
- Doris Dix, Board Member
- John Florsheim, Board Member
- Alec Fraser, Board Member
- Beverly Goldberg, Board Member
- Laura Gough, Board Member
- Tracey Grabowski, Board Member
- Sheila Jhansale, Board Member
- Lisa Kovalcik, Board Member
- Radhika Maheshwari, Board Member
- Sarah McEneany, Board Member
- Tracy Nickolaus, Board Member
- Kathy Rehbein, Board Member
- Stephanie Snyder, Board Member
- Scott Yanoff, Board Member
Interested in joining the SEED Board of Directors? Download an application today.
- To promote educational excellence in Shorewood’s Public Schools.
- To ensure that each Shorewood public school student receives an education responsive to his or her talents and abilities, preparing the student to meet the challenges of the future.
- To act as a catalyst in the community and provide the Shorewood School District with the financial resources necessary to continue its tradition of excellence and innovation.
- To fund quality educational programming and initiatives in our schools that public resources are insufficient to support.
Goals and Objectives
- To raise funds for Shorewood public schools via community-wide events, individual gifts, endowments and grants.
- To work in conjunction with the Shorewood School Board, administrators and district educators to identify and approve projects which enhance educational excellence in Shorewood public schools.
- To establish an endowment that provides long-term support.
- To foster community cohesion among Shorewood residents regarding the value of Shorewood public schools.
- To build and maintain alliances with other organizations supporting education in Shorewood; to remain aware of the identities and goals of these other supportive organizations.
- To create a sustainable, fiscally responsible organization; keeping overhead low and maximizing contributions to the schools.
- To maintain financial and organizational accountability through a system of public bylaws and a collaborative grant-making process.
- To act solely as a fundraising mechanism; policy, lobbying and other forms of political advocacy are excluded.
SEED Board Liaisons
- Martin Lexmond, Superintendent of Shorewood Schools
- Ruth Treisman, School Board Representative
- Betsey Pichette, Teacher Representative from Shorewood Education Association